Monday, March 10, 2008

Baby Diaper Mustache

Warning: Language and just plain foul unimaginable grossness.
Maybe I'm just too old to get this stuff. I can admit that. The whole Jackass genre of comedy. Ok, I admit the first time I saw it I was channel surfing, and came across it on MTV. I fell out of bed laughing. I can remember, I was in a hotel room with my girlfriend at the time, and we both bust a gut laughing. It was novel and we spent the whole time just trying to figure out what it was and why it was on TV. But it was funny. Now, several, and I couldn't tell you how many because I'm really not paying attention, Jackass movies later, after a huge website launch I'm trying to figure out why it's still funny.

Humor is obviously subjective. Well this humor is actually objective, and objectionable. And it's not that it bothers me. It doesn't. I don't care. I admit, I did laugh. I just can't figure out why people do it to themselves for a laugh. And then maybe I'm a hypocrite, because I did post it. I almost didn't. Actually I don't know why I'm posting it. Maybe for the same reason someone would do it.

No comments: